This is a good place to start if:
- you have questions about whether or not you need permission to use someone else’s content (quotations, images, trademarks, etc.)
- your publisher has already tasked you with seeking permission to use someone else’s content
Through this consultation, you will be introduced to general guidelines surrounding copyright issues and fair use laws as they pertain to your particular project. You’ll learn how to reduce your risk of copyright infringement, how to determine when you should seek permission to use other people’s content, and when it is best to seek legal counsel. You’ll be able to determine which citations would benefit from our citation evaluation (click here) or securing permissions services (click here).
This is NOT a good place to start if you are seeking legal advice. We are not intellectual property attorneys, and we cannot guarantee that our advice will prevent you from being sued for using someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked content. For legal advice about these intellectual property issues, please contact an attorney.
Basic Permissions Consultation Package ($49) includes:
A 30-minute consultation session to talk through your particular permissions issue, in which we will:
- get to know the particular permissions issues related to your work
- help you identify content that is free to use without permission
- help you navigate fair use guidelines so that you are able to make informed decisions about what to use and whether (or not) to seek permissions
- determine if further research on the content you want to use is necessary and when it is necessary to hire a copyright attorney